Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sidelined by Injury, Rangers' Adrian Beltre Focused on Rings

Filed under: ,

Adrian BeltreSURPRISE, Ariz. -- It's been a dozen years that Adrian Beltre has been a major leaguer, and for the most part they've been good ones.

When he went looking for a job this winter, however, the Gold Glove-winning third baseman looked to address the deficiencies he saw in his career. He's only been to the postseason once, with the Dodgers in 2004, and that, he says, has to change.

Small wonder then that he opted to connect with the Texas Rangers, the defending American League champions. The Rangers went to the World Series in 2010, and Beltre says it's his belief they are in excellent position to get there again.

"There were other ways I could have gone," said Beltre, who considered signing with Angels or A's in order to stay close to his Southern California home. "I've accomplished a lot in my career but this team gives me a chance to get to the World Series.

"I've been in the big leagues 12 years and only played in the playoffs once. That doesn't sit well with me. I don't have a ring, and I want one."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2011/02/25/sidelined-by-injury-rangers-adrian-beltre-focused-on-rings/

Michelle Trachtenberg Mila Kunis Milla Jovovich

No comments:

Post a Comment