Thursday, November 18, 2010

C.J. Spiller Apologizes for Offensive Tweet

Filed under:

C.J. Spiller apologized for a derogatory word he used on his Twitter account.

After practice Wednesday, Spiller used a gay epithet while speaking via Twitter with friend and former college teammate Ricky Sapp. The tweet, since deleted, read "Keep my name out ur mouth f**."

Shortly after, he posted an apology tweet, saying "I wanna apologize for using dat derogatory term to any1 that I may have offended I am truly sorry that was out of my character. God bless."

On Thursday, Spiller again admitted remorse.

"I apologize for it," he said. "Me and Ricky, you know, we're best friends. We always joke around on there and I shouldn't have said what I said. I apologize for it. I'll kind of leave it at that.

"You definitely got to be careful of what you put," he continued. "If anybody knew how me and Ricky play around on Twitter, pretty much know that we were just joking and didn't mean any harm. People did, and it is what it is. Like I said, I apologize for the situation and just move forward, you know, get ready for the ballgame."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/18/c-j-spiller-apologizes-for-offensive-tweet/

Rhona Mitra Rihanna Robin Tunney

No comments:

Post a Comment