Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Golf Notebook: Tiger Woods on the Mend

Filed under: , , ,

The Chevron World Challenge, played in early December at Sherwood CC in Southern California, is Tiger Woods' event, held annually to benefit his youth foundation.

Everybody knows why he was a no-show for last year's competition. Only a few days before tournament week, Woods wrecked his SUV in Florida, taking out a fire hydrant -- and a lot of dirty laundry spilled out.

The father of two young children now is divorced and hasn't won a golf tournament since. That made Woods' media day appearance via satellite this week particularly interesting.

"Certainly, I'm a lot more at peace now," Woods said. "Everyone's getting used to the new living conditions. The kids are adjusting. I think everyone's certainly more at peace, and so am I, too.

"I learned a lot about myself, and I learned how things went wrong, why they went wrong and had to take a pretty deep and introspective look at myself. And there weren't a lot of things I liked about it. But I had to do it, and I did it and (am) grateful that I did. I think that I come from a much better place, much more grounded place now than I ever have before."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://golf.fanhouse.com/2010/10/19/golf-notebook-tiger-on-the-mend/

Taylor Swift Teri Hatcher Teri Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment